SBELC is proud to be one of the few childhood programs in Philadelphia county to offer PHL PreK program, a free early learning program for qualifying families.
PHL PreK program provides certified, experienced teachers with the expertise to teach young children. The program utilizes an appropriate curriculum that is aligned with state and local standards. Our teachers will prepare your child with the academic skills needed for kindergarten success. Our Pre-K program offers a small class size with no more than 20 children so that your child can have plenty of one-on-one time with the teacher.
The program takes place September 2019 June 2020 with 180 school days. The school day runs from 8:30 am- 2:30 pm with extended care options available. Breakfast and lunch are included.
PHL PREK FAQ
WHAT IS PHL PREK?
- PHL PreK provides locally funded quality pre-K programs or 3 and 4-year-olds. With the passage of the Philadelphia Beverage Tax.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
- PHLpreK is available to 3 and 4-year-old children who reside in the City of Philadelphia. You are likely eligible to enroll your child for the PHLpreK 2018-19 academic year if:
- Your child has turned 3 or 4 by September 1, 2018
- You are a resident of Philadelphia
- There are no income or employment requirements
HOW CAN I APPLY?
- Call us today to do a tour and complete an application!
IS PHLPREK FREE?
- If you enroll your child for the traditional school day (5.5 hours), school year, this is free. If you require hours beyond a traditional school day and summer, you will need to pay the PHLpreK provider for the extra hours or take advantage of childcare subsidy (CCIS) benefits if you qualify.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE?
- LEARN MORE ABOUT MAYOR KENNEY’S QUALITY PRE-K INITIATIVE.